Wednesday, 30 November 2011

STAND AND DELIVER!

STAND AND DELIVER!!!
        I was invited to go and see Adam Ant play last night at WILTON'S MUSIC HALL, by...well...Adam... which was a great treat! If you get the chance to go to Wilton's....GO!!!! It is an incredible Georgian Music Hall, and one of the best places to see a band, or have a party...

    Adam played a stripped down set of ALL his hits and a host of amazing covers, No Fun, Cast Iron Arm, Peggy Sue, and Get it On amongst them!

    Adam had taken a shine to the art I'd done of Tank Girl in a top hat, with an Adam Ant stripe on her face... so i gave him one of the new Gyclee Prints I've done, and a page from our book, Visions of Booga, in which he featured!

   Adam was a huge inspiration to me as a kid, and it was a real honour not only to meet him, but find he's a fan of my work too. I wish I could go back and tell my 7 year old self that!!

I'll be uploading the new prints for sale today... including the iconic Tankie/Adam Ant stripe image!

XXX Ant Music for Sex People / Tank Art for Ant Music XXX
Ruf... Tank Girl / SOLID GOLD DEATH MASK


Adam onstage at Wilton's Music Hall!

The Gyclee Print, and the Original art for Adam


Wilton's Music Hall


The new Gyclee Print

2 comments:

Sean Phillips said...

Very cool, Rufus. I'm taking my son to see Adam in Edinburgh next week. Is he a comic fan or just a Tank Girl fan? I remember him being at a UKCAC bar years ago, in the company of Jamie Hewlett and Damon Albarn.

Rufus Dayglo said...

He's a massive comics fan... and a big tankie fan. He has her tattooed on his arse!
He's often browsing in Gosh Comics in Soho...