Tuesday, 14 June 2011

TANK GIRL PAINTING Pt.2

   Well... I'm now covered in Acrylic paint, and in need of a fresh coffee..and more chocolate.

I started working on the face.. and realised the nose was well wonky... So I had to paint over it..I also made her lips more raised at the edges, into a smirk! Painted the furry hat purple... I also added in the eyes...





New Nose, and better defined eyes...


Started painting the Hat Logo, underpainted the hair, and rockets etc...
Most importantly ate a Reese cupcake 3 pack and a bar of Green and Black's Almond chocolate..

Added blood on cheek, and  painted back in the straps and arrow.. Highlighted hair in blue (to go with the purple hat..)
     Filled in her Hat logo, and added details on rockets!


Final Piece... I tidied up the white BG, and painted out all the little bits I'd overlapped...
The piece is only 4 1/2 X 7 Inches on Plywood.. and pretty scratchy.. but hey, I never said I was  Michaelangelo...


Love'n tanks,
x x x x
Ruf,
  Team Tank Girl, Tony Hart Art Attack Div.

4 comments:

Tomara Armstrong said...

crazy awesome... love it!
~2

Edgar said...

Pretty kwl. Love to see how it's done--and pretend that therefore i'll be able to do it myself.

I read somewhere you didn't like to ink very much... I'd like to see the process of coloring straight on pencil. (Just a suggestion for upcoming making-offs.)

defty said...

I have the Tank Girl painting I shared back in May on my art site (on here); I'll link yours over on the post, you should check it out. I love the paintings, she's good in all media.

Rufus Dayglo said...

I'll post up an example of Pencil to colour art as well next week!

Defty..I'll check it out! Thanks!