Friday, 23 July 2010

The ROYAL ESCAPE Trade paper back!

Pinup for TANK GIRL - The ROYAL ESCAPE Trade paper back (Out from IDW Comics....In a couple of months... Order now..)

I reworked this from one of the unused Pristeen16 covers that never got used... Recycling can be fun.

Now..I'm off to the Secret Garden Party festival with my friends and neighbours.. really looking forward to it.
My neighbours are running a theatre sight at the festival, putting on events... and I've watched them building props and rehearsing for weeks...
If you're going to be there, come along to the Nocturnia for Lost Children.. we'll be there!

I also just receiver Gerry Talaoc's beautiful painting an canvas fro the inside front cover of our next Image special... He's done an amazing job, painting over my pencils... but more importantly it's a dream come true for me.
  I read his 'Unknown Soldier' DC comics religiously as a kid.. and this opportunity to do some work with him really has been one of the highlights of my professional career.. I wish I could go back and tell the ten year old me...
 Gerry's work is incredibly under appreciated. He is truly one of the most dynamic artists I've ever looked at.
 I was such a lucky kid to see so much good art..thanks to my Mum and dad for being so indulgent.

And of course... massive thanks to you, Mr Talaoc.

This week has been a blur.. missing cat (Thankfully she turned up safe and sound),  doing a back up strip, and editting the Image book,  this beautiful painting, and a music festival.

I'd best get packed...

x x x ruf

1 comment:

kisu_shimo said...

F'in' rad.

Glad the cat came backzz.