Thursday, 2 July 2009

I'm back...

My apologies for the extended silence..

I've been in Northern Ireland, at the 2D Comics festival in Derry at the Verbal Arts centre (Curated by artist in residence, David Campbell), which as ever, was fantastic, and is an absolute model for Community based Arts Festivals.

Photobucket

At Dinner in Derry... L to R
Declan Shalvey, Me, Matt D'Israeli' Brooker, Bryan Talbot, Bridgeen Gillespie, Garry Leach and organiser, David Campbell

Photobucket

On a Panel talking bollox..

L to R... Declan, Matt 'D'Israeli', Me, Mike Collins, Andie Tong


Since then..I've been back working away on new Tankage here at the Tank Cave..
Here's a prelim for an upcoming Pin Up.. it's quite rough..hopefully the finished art's an improvement...

Photobucket

It's been uber hot..and I responded in the way any reasoned ginger person does tp extreme heat.. I put a shoebox on my head.

Photobucket

Nuff said.

Oh..How could I forget?? My new workmate..a 5 foot tall Gundam RX 78 - 2 Mobile Suit.. a childhood dream come true!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Life.... is good.

x x x x

2 comments:

Puredaft said...

Robot: deadly!
Shoebox: either clown shoes or stonking good pair of boots.
Shoebox: nothing to do with being a ginger in a heatwave, but a vain attempt to look as cool as a Gundam!
btw, tankie in space in the Meg,X!

Bruce said...

Poster looking great, Rufus- reminds me of an anecdote about a punk bass player with only two strings on his bass- an interveiwer asks him why he has two strings on his bass, to which he replies...
"In case one breaks!"