Tuesday, 7 October 2008

An open letter to a Bigot...

It's not often someone upsets me enough to write to them... But step up Rev. Mullen...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20081007/tuk-gays-should-be-tattooed-with-warning-a7ad41d.html

I urge you to write to this man, and help him understand tolerance.
citychurches@pmullen.freeserve.co.uk

Here's mine....

Dear Rev. Mullen,

I just wanted to express my disappointment at your recent comments about other peoples sexualities on your blog.

Writing childish, divisive comments like this do not paint you in a flattering light, nor aid your Church's standing in the wider community.

I would have thought that someone such as yourself would want encourage and foster an inclusive and tolerant attitude towards other people with who's views you do not agree.

It is in our treatment and tolerance of Other Peoples' beliefs, lifestyles and sexualities that truly we show our mettle, and on this I believe you have been found wholly wanting, and should publicly apologize.

I hope you may reflect upon what you've said of Others' and I hope you find the enlightenment to treat other people as you would wish to be treated yourself.

Yours,
Rufus Dayglo

1 comment:

Cliff Robinson said...

I see a picture in my mind's eye of Tank Girl tattooing the word 'twat' on the forehead of a certain clergyman.